Monday, August 10, 2009

Lights.. Cameras.. Action!

Tah-Dah! I'm here! Oh, please, please, no pictures! Today (August 10th!) is the first official day of '30 Days of Summer'! I've had some questions as far as the contest goes that i'd like to clear up.
1) You do not have to post every day. Bloggers will post entrys as frequent and as far apart as they would like.
2) Please join the in-world group. Everyone can join and this will help spreading news, updates, etc.. I might even have some designers ligned up for freebies EXCLUSIVE to 30 Days of Summer.. *Winks* Join: here
3) Bloggers: Please join the Flickr group: here


Enough Business, let's get to the good stuff.. Atomic is opening there brand new sim this month! And I have been personally invited to get a exclusive spot in the grand opening. (As in, I'll be the only blogger there and be able to showcase items in the next coming posts that will be kicking off the new sim) I'm really excited about it, it makes me feel SLamous! (Shameless self promotion) In honor of these two major events (The atomic opening, and the start date of 30 days of summer) I've done my first outfit based off of a sneak peak "Atomic" Hair!
This outfit is kind of ironic, because it's also based off of 3 major celebrities.
1) Gwen Stefani Hair

2) Lady Gaga Shades
3) Britney Spears Dress
Um hello, call me the queen of pop and put me in box! This outfit
screams glamorous!

Queen of Pop

Theme: Celebrity's


Walk in, the place

They know, my face
Big mouth, applause
Oh please, one more

Love me hate me
Say what you want about me

But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy

I am, I'm too fabulous
I'm so fierce that it's so nuts

I live, to be model thin
Dress me, I'm your mannequin
I need, some new stilettos
Can't walk, down the street in those
You are, who you wear it's true
A girl's just as hot as the shoes she choose





Hair - Gwen in Platinum by Atomic (Not yet Released!)
Skin - Belle Red (Light) by v9
Shades: Fame Shades - Diamonds on Jet by VW
Dress - Superstar by Ash's Trash

Leggings - Border leggings Black by Creamshop
Shoes - Spangles Stilettos Silver by Coco




Oh, but what's this? more to the post? ah well, in hollywood you have to expect the unexpected.With a few small changes I went from "The Queen of Pop" to "Moulin Rouge"



























If you've never seen the movie "Moulin Rouge" First, you should see it! It's excellent! and Second, you might be slightly confused.. So I'll give you a run down. Moulin Rouge is based off the real life Mouglin Rouge in Paris, France (Which Btw, I've been too.. and it's gorgeous) Mouglin Rouge is french for "Red mill" which is the signiture outside landscape in Paris. The movie is about the lead dancer, Satine who is supposed to charm a rich duke into helping pay for productions inside the Mouglin Rouge. But, she mistakes the rich duke for a simple man who just moved to paris and was visiting in hopes of pitching a play he litterally
fell into (If you watch the movie you'll understand my lame puns) Anyways, they end up falling in love with eachother, but Satine is not allowed to date, also the rich duke wants Satine all to himself so all the while they she fools him into thinking she loves him. Oh yes, but this is hollywood so a love trinagle isn't juicy enough, let's also add in the fact that Satine is deadly sick, and on the brink of death. Ah, the movie is very good. It's one of my favorites actually. The first time you meet Satine she sings "Diamonds are a girls best friend" which is a remarkable scene (Shown on the left in the movie cover) It's breathtaking, really. Anyways, I have a point to explaining this all.. in the picture you will notice the outfit constructed and modified to look like she did in the movie. You'll also notice the smuged lips, which is not a mistake by any means. After she sings her song, she ends up fainting and coughing up blood. And this is when you realize she's very sick. So all my blabbering and movie raving does have a point. But I suppose pitching for a really great movie doesn't hurt either? Oh hell, I do it all. I need to be paid extra for this crap.
Bare with the 'Movie' theme of this, it's supposed to be a series like the movie. Meh, I try!

she was a star, a beautiful dancer at the Moulin Rouge



and her name.. was Satine..




but she had a deadly disease that threatned her life..




and she held on to dear life for only one reason.. love..





Hair - Gwen in Cherry by Atomic (Not yet Released!)
Skin - Belle Tasty (Light) by v9
Eyelashes - Mouglin Rouge by RG
Dress - Superstar by Ash's Trash
Under Bra - undo bratop/silver by bijou
Shoes - Back Ribbon Short Boots Red by Aoharu



*Tears up* Jeeze, I'm sorry.. I just need a moment *Whipes eyes* I just get so emotional sometimes, ya know? *Takes deep breath* Well, It's about time I go re-watch Mouglin Rouge.. Damn I'm good, I got myself pumped up to see it again.. Sorry for the extra long post as well..
*Gets all giggly* I'll leave you with the scene I based these pictures off of . Sorry, I could only find the scene in French, but the movie is in English..
Go see Mouglin Rouge!! ((:




No comments:

Post a Comment