Monday, August 24, 2009

Do you wanna date my avatar?

So what is it guys find hot? Do they really like the dolled up, perfect makeup, flawless outfit, fake nails and the plumping lip gloss? or do guys prefer the girl who can look awesome in a pair of sweats, there oversized t-shirts, and a 'I just got out of bed' hairstyle? Do guys prefer the smell of some overpowering chanel perfume, or the scent of the girl he loves shampoo when he hugs her? In SL, you don't have to try hard to make your avatar look flawless and glamorous at any given notice. She nevers gets bloated, always fits into her skinny jeans, her hair is never out of place, and her makeup lasts for days. Yet, even in sl.. we can find ways to be lazy, to make it look like we don't really care, even if we spend hours putting together an outfit to make it look that way. What's honestly sexy to men? The girl who can throw on a pair of jeans and a tank top and look goregous, or a girl who takes triple the amount of time to get ready and looks just as good as the other girl.. Meh, i'm not good at this whole dating thing. But sometimes I find it sexier to just be yourself then putting on a show, even in sl.. Perfection, at least in my eyes will never exist. That includes your sl avie. There will always be that prim that isn't exactly the way it should be, always be that eyelash that can never look good at all angels.. what's really beautiful, is the person behind the avatar.. the person who made the avatar look like that. I was asked what I incorperate into my sl fashion from my rl fashion.. the answer? Everything. Everytime I make a purchase, everytime i wear something. It reflects something about me, how I want to be represented, how I feel, how I want to look at this moment in time. Yes, i'm the first one to want to be dolled up, but I love dressing down, to dress myself up as well. Such little efforts, make such big differences. In sl, you can be anyone you want to be.. only.. I choose to be me.
So, I don't know boys, do you wanna date my avatar?


Do you wanna date my avatar?
Theme: Dressing Down/Cosmo tip 2

Rule 2: Flaunt one stretch of skin at a time.




Skin: Mary Skin ($L1!) by Mother Goose
Hair: A in Brown A by Magika
Top: Sheer ribon tank (Navy) by Armidi
Jacket: Plaid Winter Sweater by GC
Shorts: Shorts white by DC
Shoes: Unisex classic Moccas [Lt Brown] by Armidi


(Watch this video. Seriously)

2 comments: